Research Grants - Call for Proposals 2013
Submission Deadline 31st July, 2013
Synapsis Foundation - Alzheimer Research Switzerland ARS announces a Research Grants competition.
The goal of the Synapsis Foundation is to support innovative research projects on Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. Priority will be given to support young researchers - postdoctoral and PhD projects that are carried out at Swiss universities and research institutions. Research projects conducted at research institutions outside of Switzerland cannot be considered within this Call for Proposals.
A Synapsis Foundation project funding is granted up to CHF 300'000 for a period of maximum 3 years (e.g. CHF 100'000 per year for a three-year project). Institutions may not charge indirect or overhead costs on these awards.
- Basic research in genetics, molecular and cell biology of Alzheimer's disease and related dementing illnesses
- Innovative approaches towards the pre-symptomatic diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. We welcome high-risk proposals based on sound science and on truly original ideas
All applications must be submitted in English. The project proposal form is available here and should include:
- Scientific abstract
- Introduction to the topic
- Specific goals of the project and detailed research plan
- Detailed budget
- Disclosure of all other funding sources (confirmed and pending decisions)
- Curriculum vitae (incl. a list of top 10 papers)
All applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Proposals will be evaluated by the Scientific Advisory Board of the Synapsis Foundation. The central criteria for evaluation are originality, scientific quality, feasibility, experience and past performance of the applicant, as well as relevance to the call. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. Final decision for funding lies with the Board of Trustees of the foundation.
Submission deadline is July 31st, 2013.
Funding decisions will be announced by December 15th, 2013.
If you have questions regarding:
- the application and/or the submission process, please contact the managing director of the Synapsis Foundation Erich Tschirky - firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number: 044 271 35 11.
- the scientific aspects of the Call for Proposals, please contact the chair of the Scientific Advisory Board Prof. Adriano Aguzzi - phone number: 044 255 21 07.
Call for Proposals (PDF, 162 Kb)
Project Proposal Form